Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sweet Spunky Lemans

It has been over 3 weeks with Lemans in the house and everything has been going great. She continues to blossom and grow. We live in a one story house with a walk out basement. In the past few days Lemans has decided to follow me down the stairs; and even goes down there on her own to explore and hang out on a sleeping bag I set up for her. She also hangs out in the back yard as I garden, enjoying the shade and snacking on grass.

Lemans is a very spunky girl. She loves to zoom around the house and play with her toys. She also constantly is looking for rubs and gently paws at me when I stop petting her! She also loves to steal clothes and bring them to her bed to play with (looking so proud the whole time). Now that she's completely adjusted she's really a happy energetic dog.

She always enjoys her daily evening walk with Lucy and I. Sometimes she'll get nervous when there are loud/large crowd of kids, but as soon as you walk past she is fine. She also has gotten a lot better with teeth brushing! I will attempt nail dremel this weekend to see how she reacts. I've also started to do short training sessions with her, she does "down" with a treat lure super well(doesn't respond to the verbal yet), but "sit" has been tricky.

There's a couple of small issues we are having: 1)some constant soft/loose stool, I think maybe switching to a different kibble would take care of this issue, and 2) all 3 dogs were playing kinda rough and she got a boo boo on her bald thigh! It is very minor but she keeps licking at it so it's taking longer to scab over.

Lemans is a sensitive sweetie pie and if you are interested in giving her a loving forever home please contact Northern Lights Greyhound Adoption.

Hanging out in the backyard:









She is always eager to respond to my call

No comments:

Post a Comment